When you start podcasting, it's best to start with a plan of action or a strategy. Having a podcast strategy will help you stop any overwhelm you might experience. As a startup business owner, you can use podcasting to grow your business brand and reach your target buyers.
By using podcasting, it will open up the doors into your industry to help establish your authority as someone who has solutions to solve issues in your industry. You can also interview other industry leaders and have them share their knowledge on your podcast show. You can even have panel podcasts where you have more than two people on your show who are sharing their knowledge.
Whichever way you choose to start podcasting, it is definitely a way to build your brand's message. Now let's take a look at a few things you need to keep in mind as you create your podcast.
Simple steps to start podcasting
OK, so if you have gotten this far then you just might be ready to start your own podcast show. Below are a few of the things you need to keep in mind as you get started.
- Select the topic and name for your podcast. Make sure it's something that you target buyers will want to listen to. Start with researching the current industry podcast and refine what you want to cover.
- Decide the series type for your show. Will it be seasonal or ongoing? Seasonal podcasts can last 3-4 months. Ongoing podcasts happen regularly on a weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly basis.
- Design the cover art for your podcast. When you design the cover, make sure it's easy to read, even if it's small like on a mobile device.
- Determine the intro and outro music for your podcast. Having the right music is very important for your show. You would want it to match your business brand and your personality too.
- Pick the right podcasting equipment for your show. Depending on where you record your show, it will denote which equipment you need. If you will do mobile interviews, then you might need a 2-person podcast kit or a 3-person podcast kit. Otherwise, you could go with a 1-person podcast kit.
- Be prepared to submit your podcast to podcast directories. There are several for you to choose from and guest what. We've done the work for you and have compiled a list of directories that you can find in our online training course, Simple Strategic Podcasting.
- Promote, promote, promote. To help get your podcast show in front of your target buyers/listeners then promoting it is very important. Yes, it may take time to do this but in the end, it is that one thing you want to do so that your podcast message reaches the ears of your target listeners.
Final thoughts starting a podcast
Congrats, you've made it to the end of the article and have read all about getting started with podcasting. Now that you know more about podcasting, here's an online course that can help you jump right in and get started. It's called Simple Strategic Podcasting and you can learn more about it below. If you have questions or would like to get help from us, please use our contact form to reach out to us.
- Proven Startup Business Ideas That Will Be Affordable To Start - June 7, 2021
- How To Organize Google Drive To Increase Productivity - June 2, 2021
- Weekly Challenge Focused On LinkedIn Marketing - May 31, 2021