Whatever email marketing myths you've heard, email marketing is not dead. It's the lifeblood for you, staying connected to your subscribers and buyers. If your email marketing efforts have become stale, then it's time to wake up your email marketing list and start engaging.
Quick email marketing acronym
One thing we like to do is use acronyms to help remind us about important things. So helping you remember the essential things about email marketing, we will use E.M.A.I.L. as an acronym.
We will use E.M.A.I.L as an Acronym, to help remind us about the important things. See Below:
- Enjoy setting up and managing your email marketing efforts
- Meaningful content is important to add to your emails
- Appreciate your subscribers whenever you can; this means give them freebies, send them birthday greetings, etc. that can encourage them to always engage with your emails.
- Integrate engaging content like videos, blog posts, images, etc. that are visually eye-catching
- Leave them wanting more; make sure your emails content essential details that will lead them to click a link to find out more details
Now that we have this simple reminder list, let's dive into busting the email marketing myths.
Busting email marketing myths
Myth #1: Email marketing automation
We are going to start with a simple myth which is that email marketing automation can be very expensive and time-consuming for you. However, if you set up your automation correctly, they can save you a lot of time and increase your revenue. There are several affordable email marketing tools you can use to set up inexpensive automations.
Some of the tools you can use are:
- Encharge: Allows you to send emails based on what people do on your website and automate your marketing process across the user journey. You can build automations that integrate with the apps you use. Special deal starts at $59/onetime/lifetime access.
- ActiveCampaign: Do more than automate your email — activate your entire customer experience. It gives you the email marketing, marketing automation, and CRM tools you need to create incredible customer experiences. Pricing starts at $9/mo & has free trial.
- Sendfox: The most affordable newsletter solution on the planet. Start with a free plan — and only pay for features when you're ready. No pressure. Set up a beautiful Smart landing Page within minutes — without a website. We host everything for you.
- MailChimp: Helps small businesses do big things, with the right tools and guidance every step of the way. Bring your audience data, marketing channels, and insights together so you can reach your goals faster. Pricing starts with free a plan.
There are more tools that you can find out about in our online course, Easily Energize Your Email Marketing Efforts. There are more details at the end of this article with more details about this course.
Myth #2: When someone unsubscribe, it's bad for you
Nope, this is not bad for you. Just think of it as a way that your subscriber list cleans itself up. Yes, the total number of subscribers you have is important yet, having a lot of inactive subscribers (those who don't open or take action).
Just remember that an unsubscribe doesn't mean that there's something wrong with your efforts. It only means that the subscriber who unsubscribed wasn't a good fit for your mailing list.
Myth #3: You don't need to ensure responsive design for your emails
Wrong! When someone opens your emails, regardless on a computer or a mobile device, it should be easily read. If you only design your emails for a desktop computer without checking to see how it looks on a mobile device, then you are missing out. If a subscriber can't easily read your emails, then they will think it's a waste of time and will forgo reading any of your future emails.
Most of the email marketing tools allow you to view your emails in multiple formats before you distribute it. Take the time to send yourself test emails you view on your desktop and mobile device.
Myth #4: Have to send out emails on the “perfect day”
Hey, I've got a secret for you that there really isn't a perfect day. There are so many reports stating the “perfect day” but in reality, it all depends on your subscribers and their engagement with your emails. This means that you need to check your analytics and see what's really working for your lists. If your email marketing tool offers A/B testing, then use that to help determine which day and time works best for your subscribers.
Myth #5: Short emails are better and more effective
Just so you know, we love sending short form emails. However, sometimes, long form can get your message across better. For instance, if you want to introduce you and your business in a welcome email, then using a long form email would work best.
Although this list is not all the myths, it's a great place to start if you are still trying to decide about your email marketing efforts. Review these suggestions and then implement them. If you have questions or need help, reach out to us via our contact form.
Need To Energize Your Email Marketing Efforts?
Join our online course, “Easily Energize Your Email Marketing Efforts” to learn more about email marketing and how you can use it in your business to connect with your target customers. Watch the video below for more details and click here to signup.
- Proven Startup Business Ideas That Will Be Affordable To Start - June 7, 2021
- How To Organize Google Drive To Increase Productivity - June 2, 2021
- Weekly Challenge Focused On LinkedIn Marketing - May 31, 2021