When you are a WordPress website owner, being able to boost WordPress engagement is very important. This means you are connecting with your website visitors and they are taking action on your website.
The end goal of many website owners who are content creators, bloggers, businesses, and media pros are likely to be varied, however, the initial plan is the same. They want to engage, build influence, and inform through an engaged community of active target customers.
As you boost WordPress engagement for your website, there are a few things that we will dive into in this article. We will share about the importance of analytics, building engagement into your website, and live chat. Let's jump in and boost your WordPress engagement.
Using analytics to assess engagement
To gain a better understanding of what your web visitors are doing on your website, using analytics will give you the best view. One tool that's free is Google Analytics (GA). Just in case you don't know how to use GA, you can take the free online course via Analytics Academy Course. By using GA, you can see what actions your website visitors are taking, what pages they visit, what links they click, and so much more.
Another Google analytical tool that will help you learn more about “how” your website visitors are finding you is Google Search Console (GSC). The entire purpose of GSC is to show you what keywords people are searching for to find your website. This is helpful because GSC tells the “before” actions of your website visitors and you can take this knowledge and build more content to draw them in. The Search Console Training is a great way for you to learn more about using it as part of your website strategy.
When you use GSC in combination with GA, then you have a power duo of analytical tools that can help you figure out the keywords you can use to boost WordPress engagement.
Building engagement into your website using forms and opt-ins
So you want to integrate forms and opt-ins so you can connect with your website visitors. Key to adding forms or opt-ins into your website is having a goal you want to reach. The ultimate goals should include lead generation and connecting with your email marketing efforts. When you incorporate forms, there are essential components you should include:
- Where you place your form. Having an eye-catchy that can draw your visitor's attention.
- The size of your form. Keep in mind that a shorter form can capture more leads.
- The number of form fields. Keep it short and simple and just ask for a name and email. If you want to add permission marketing, then ask if you can send them follow-up marketing emails or updates.
As you integrate engagement, just keep in mind to make it easy for website visitors to find on your website. Also, adding in a little bit of fun is OK too.
Boost WordPress Engagement using live chat
Let's start by explaining what live chat is and what you can do with it. Live chat is a way for you to engage with website visitors while they are on your website. This means that they can ask you questions when they are on your sales landing page if you have a live chat option available.
One more thing, when you have live chat integrated into your website, it doesn't mean you have to be there 24/7 because you can set it up to send you emails when you aren't online with your live chat. Now let's look at a few live chat tools we recommend.
- Gist: All the tools you need to build a successful online business. It offers a complete CRM platform with all the tools and integrations you need to grow better – whether you want to increase leads, accelerate sales, engage and onboard customers or streamline customer service.
- Hubspot: Marketing, sales, and service software that helps your business grow without compromise. Because “good for the business” should also mean “good for the customer.” Get started with FREE tools, and upgrade as you grow.
- Jivochat: an all-in-one business messenger that teams used to talk to customers everywhere: live chat, phone, email, and social. Your customers are on websites, the phone, social media, the list goes on. JivoChat allows visitors to talk to you using their favorite platforms, so you never miss an opportunity to make a connection.
- Livechat: Stand out with a strong customer service culture. If you are not taking care of your customers, your competitors will. Keep your customers close with the right help desk software.
- Smartsupp: Start a conversation with your visitors and turn them into happy customers. Bring all customer communication to one place. Smartsupp seamlessly integrates live chat, email inbox and Facebook Messenger in one customer messaging platform.
Each of these live chat tools can help you boost WordPress engagement for websites as you connect with your website visitors.
Want to learn more about managing a WordPress website?
Then check out our training via our Entrepreneur Hub which is called WordPress Masterclass. It's packed full of training videos that show you how to create and manage your WordPress website. Click here to learn more about our WordPress Masterclass. Watch the video below for more details too.
- Proven Startup Business Ideas That Will Be Affordable To Start - June 7, 2021
- How To Organize Google Drive To Increase Productivity - June 2, 2021
- Weekly Challenge Focused On LinkedIn Marketing - May 31, 2021